Sunday, January 21, 2018

GLOBAL WARMING!... More like her bastard, Johny Deep FREEZE...

So.... I am from Massachusetts.
Lived in FL most of my life though. All in the central Florida area.
Not too often have I seen such devastation with the tropicals, and sub-tropical plants.
It just doesn't happen that often. A frost, a few times during winter is one thing. Its not
that big of a deal. A few burnt leaves, some lost fruit.....
We hit around 23 on my property the other night for over 3 hours, 25-30 the next.
It might have been colder, the damn wind doesn't help at all.

I lost mature star fruit trees to the trunk. Most of the bananas, except the largest, 20 foot
stalks, froze most of the way. They'll need to be cut back to a couple feet.
I even lost some figs and bamboo; I guess not all varieties are made of the same stuff!
 Things will regrow, but the $$ lose from the "sale" plants in pots, and bud wood, cuttings is going to be huge this year.

Take what you will from the extreme cold this winter is bringing to the US, but don't fall so readily for the shouted BS........
I'm more in the boat of a coming ice age.. ;)

The GOOD news for the time being is BABY goats!
I had triplets born & a single during the cold blast. I was a bit worried, but they pulled through fine.
They only have leantos for shelter, because We normally don't have to worry about the cold.
Guess who was named Snowman?
I had 3 girls and a boy born. Naming the ones that I keep isn't always easy, But I was inspired!













I have been wanting to replace my buck, and I think I found what I'ms been lookin for......

Later guys.... There probably isn't anyone reading this... Yet! lol


No comments:

Post a Comment